We are looking for a craft beer enthusiast who can drive engagement and sales in our Tap Room bar here at Freight Island. The ideal candidate will be able to curate and rotate our craft beer offering in line with current trends, and in such a way as to engage the craft beer community. You must have the ability to hit gross profit targets and cost all products effectively, be able to drive sales and hit revenue targets, & engage our customers with events and strategic planning to increase engagement.
The qualities we are looking for are someone who has a true passion for craft beers, who is levelheaded and well organised, and has a creative spark when it comes to driving customer reach. This will also require a good knowledge of POS systems, brewery and supplier relations, and an ability to effectively train staff.
Main responsibilities include:
– Managing stock distribution on the bar
– Stock rotation and management
– Line cleaning and checks
– Regular stock takes
– Changing kegs
– Running stock to and from the cellar
– Ability to act as bar back when cellar jobs are complete
– Replenishing the fridges and controlling waste management
– Maintaining a high level of cleanliness in the cellars
– Separating, organising and decoupling empty kegs
– Keeping an organised stock room in preparation for closing counts
– Cellar experience required (minimum 6 months)
– Knowledge of bar operations essential
– Knowledge of a variety of lagers and ales
– Good leadership and communication skills
– Excellent attention to detail
– Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
– Accurate counting skills
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Rate of Pay: £12.95 p/h
Please note- this is a physically demanding job and heavy lifting is required.
Full on-site training will be provided but previous experience in a similar role is essential.
*If you are interested in the role, please email your CV over to – [email protected] (Subject – Taproom Manager application)*
We tackle challenges and opportunities with passion and enthusiasm. Across the business we have fun whilst we do it.
We are always flexible to the needs of the business. Our people generate innovative ways of working. In return our leadership
embraces new ideas and opportunities.
We work as one team to achieve a common goal. We support our customers, our partners and each other.
We make a difference by going the extra mile for our customers and each other.
You are required to provide and organise your own travel to and from the arena.
The right candidate must be able to work evenings and weekends.
APPLY NOW BELOW or send your up to date CV and a brief cover letter to [email protected]